I keep thinking about something a friend told me about New Year's Resolutions--that not many are kept and so she was trying this year to have a WORD and remember it all year. Hers was "NOW."I like that idea. It reminds me of how people would trek to the desert in the 3rd-5th centuries and ask the Dessert Ammas and Abbas "for a word." This was a word to help them on their spiritual journey, a word to ponder and wrestle with.
I have not chosen a word yet. I was bothered by the phrase "daily diligence," which I saw at Tim's blog yesterday. Does that mean I'm supposed to choose that??
I have not made any resolutions either, except for returning to Weight Watchers yesterday.
Maybe something will arise while I am at Lebh Shomea next week. I am leaving CB and MJ here while I go there on Friday for six days.
4 comments:
Maybe that means it's your word....but maybe not. Like all discerning, just let it resonate within...and see what happens.
Have a great time on retreat.
From the previous two posts it sounds like your word is 'friends'.
Love the pic of you and Avery!
I have a friend who chose a word for the year - calm. I like it because that could apply to pretty much any area of my life from how I eat my food to how I perform my duties at work to how I worship in church.
"Friends" may be the one!
Post a Comment