Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pictures from last week's retreat

Here are a few pictures from the Well Spring Retreat Center in Blanco, TX where I spent last week on a prayer retreat with Sandy Casey-Martus and Carla Mancari.

This is a typical picture of the "Texas hill country"--you can see the hills in the background. These caliche roads are all around the countryside.

This is the chapel where we prayed three hours every day. A better picture of the chapel is here, though I liked this one with the typical brush in front.

This is an amazing 26 foot tall bronze statue of Jesus. He looks like he is walking towards you with open arms. I can't remember who the artist is though.

Mary with baby Jesus

5 comments:

Lindy said...

These are great pictures. Thanks for posting. But, mainly, I am just astounded to know that there is so much to know about caliche. Thanks for the link to that. I am amazed. Hope it was a good retreat.

Jennifer said...

Another image of Mary hold the baby Jesus. How cool!

Annie's Mom said...

It looks beautiful Jan!

Cynthia said...

Wonderful pictures. The forward-facing view of the Jesus statue--he almost looks like he is in the middle of a tai-chi move.

Ellie Finlay said...

I really love that statue of Jesus.