- highest level of thinking=wisdom=non-dualistic thinking
- honor incongruity without fixing, so you'll laugh and/or weep
- Training for conflict, to misunderstand through dualistic thinking, so the ego is invested in own opinion
- polarity thinking is the norm with comparisons, competition
- sin is self-defeating behavior; sin messes us up
- We are not punished for our sins, but by our sins.
- mystics loved and suffered profoundly, which is what destroys dualistic thinking
- Religion gives you patience with mystery, NOT certitude
- Ego is out of control when one is certain of eternity (heaven/hell), especially in judgment towards someone else
- God cannot "get in" when we are in a moral, judging, worthiness contest
- God doesn't need to eliminate the negative in us to love us
- If you pretend you're not wounded, you'll miss out on the mystery of God.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Notes from Richard Rohr's talks
I'm just going to copy down some of my notes from the talks Richard Rohr gave in Albuquerque, NM at the "Laughing and Weeping: The Enneagram as a Tool for Non-Dual Thinking" conference, Dec. 31, 2008-Jan. 3, 2009.
Labels:
Enneagram,
Richard Rohr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jan, these are great. Thank you.
(And thanks for your card. I am SO glad this conference served as such a catalyst. That's exciting!)
those are food for thought jan. thank you
Can you elaborate on what he means by dualistic thinking?
Thanks, Jan. These are great. But, I have to ask with Gannet Girl about the clarification on dualistic thinking.
I so agree that we are punished BY our sins, what a great, simple way to say it! Good notes...I'd love to know more about the conflict and dualistic thinking component....
Post a Comment