New Hampshire Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson, a vocal gay rights leader, will open President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration with a prayer on Sunday's kick-off event at the Lincoln Memorial. "I am writing to tell you that President-Elect Obama and the Inaugural Committee have invited me to give the invocation at the opening event of the Inaugural Week activities, We are One, to be held at the Lincoln Memorial," Robinson wrote in an email to friends.
From The Huffington Post
9 comments:
Not that this has anything to do with Rick Warren.
Yay for Gene Robinson!
At least Bishop Gene can present Christ's message of love and hope for all, no matter how he got to the table.
Yes!
IS--I'm sure that Gene Robinson was chosen to appease the protesters of Rick Warren. But I'm glad he will be there, too.
How exciting!
I knew someone would beat me to publishing about this! :-) Glad it was you Jan. Thank you for the Friend Award too. I feel...special just because I'm me.
Rejoicing here too.
This is GOOD!
Post a Comment