CB and I visited the Petroglyph National Monument on New Year's Day morning. It was a time filled with beauty and awe and deep connection with the spiritual yearning of these people from 300-1,000 years ago.

Driving to and from Albuquerque, NM, we passed through desert territory with mesas, where there were many wind turbines atop them.
6 comments:
Amazing aren't they. Thanks for sharing. It does sound like the conference was wonderful. I have enjoyed catching up on it.
Marvelous.
what a great way to spend new year's day! thank you for the pictures--they are wonderful!
yes...beautiful.
Great photos. There are also somevery good petroglyphs near San Angelo. I used to know the directions and could probably remenmber them if you're ever ingterested.
Hey, the Scientist and I went there last summer! It was way too hot that day, but, well, that's when we were there, and we enjoyed the petroglyphs. Didn't it seem odd that this place is now surrounded by suburban Albuquerque?
Lindy is right about the ones near San Angelo, and also there are some amazing petroglyphs near Del Rio called White Shaman that you have to make a reservation to see--well worth it. I think the website is rockartfoundation.org.
Post a Comment