
This is where I am going for the next week on a prayer retreat. I have never been there before, so you can see all I've seen so far. Since I am not supposed to arrive until dinner time, I am going to the once monthly meeting of Christian Mysticism in San Antonio in the morning. The talks will be on The Cloud of Unknowing and Julian of Norwich. When that ends, I'll meet daughter MJ for lunch. We might even go to a movie: we're considering "Doubt" or "Milk."
Then I will drive another hour north of San Antonio to Blanco, TX where Well Spring Center is somewhere out in the country. I'll be there until Friday.
Tonight I've been baking three small turkey pot pies for my absence and also to freeze. Chicken and turkey pot pies are favorites in my family, with a good recipe from that old La Leche League cookbook Whole Foods for the Whole Family.
Although I'll be gone, come back and visit if you want to read quotes and/or see cartoons in my absence. One a day will pop up!
6 comments:
I want to see Milk!
I want to eat turkey pot pie!
I want to meet your new priest (and you, I might add)!
Your retreat sounds pretty awesome.
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for leaving us with pre-made blog updates.
Oh...your retreat sounds fabulous! Enjoy...
I want to see Milk. I saw Doubt and I loved it, but it was very intense.
Have a lovely retreat- oh to go on a one week prayer retreat seems like a dream to me!
I love it that you thought to leave something for us in your absence. Thank you.
A good retreat.
Too bad I was a fundamentalist Baptist when I lived in San Antonio. The stuff that goes on there is really great!!!
Enjoy your retreat! I also want to see Milk. Hugs to you.
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your retreat!
Post a Comment