Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas MEME

From Welcome to My World--a Christmas me-me-me-me!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I am trying to get rid of my collection of gift bags on Freecycle.org.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually by Dec. 15, which is very LATE according to Texas standards.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually on New Year's Day, but this year it will be on Dec. 28, because the next day we start our drive to Albuquerque, NM for Richard Rohr's New Year's conference on the enneagram.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Not really. My eldest daughter AE used to love it; I'm not sure if she still does.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A bride doll with high heels when I was in second grade.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My youngest daughter MJ.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have way too many, as I collect them.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I love to mail Christmas cards. I am very pleased that my children, though three of the four are on their own, continue to contribute to our "Christmas letter," a copied two-page letter I enclose in each Christmas card. Since my mother died in 1992, each person in our family has written his/her own section--a tradition that is continuing (I hope in the future).
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

A book on how-to make potpourri.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
"Its a Wonderful Life."

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually around Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
"Holiday Sparklers," a shortbread like cookie with three chocolate chips inside it.
16. Lights on the tree?
Of course.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Mary, Did You Know?" by Kathy Matea
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home. I am so lucky that my children are all coming home this Christmas!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Almost

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Yes: a starched, crocheted one
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We open one each on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
All the ads that started before Thanksgiving, just like the Christmas decorations coming out in some stores after Halloween.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love the ones that my mother and children made.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Same meal as for Thanksgiving--turkey and stuffing.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I want each person in my family to appreciate the time we have together.

26. What do you like most about Christmas?
Everything--joy, tradition, family, love.

If you want to play, leave a comment here. It will be fun to read others' answers.

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

I loved this. Thanks for sharing it.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I enjoyed this. I might play next week.

Ellie Finlay said...

Believe it or not, I have a little Teddy Bear that I usually put on the top of my Christmas tree.

(Guess what? I'm going to the Richard Rohr conference, too. I'm so thrilled it worked out!)

dust bunny said...

Very nice! And my daughter insists that we all watch "It's a Wonderful Life" Christmas Eve.

Mavis said...

Great play. I got a bride doll as well - no high heels though!