Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time to get ready


I love poinsettias, always have and always will. The red ones are gorgeous and bring the holiday spirit home to me, especially as I am feeling so much better.

It is funny to say, but last night I suddenly realized, "I feel like myself!" After three days of being sick, I felt better. I was still "myself" when I was ill, though the energy was not there. I'm glad to be "back"!

Now it is time to decorate for Christmas. I collect nativity scenes, especially ones from other countries. Time to move the various knick-knacks to make room for these creches.

That reminds me of last year's post on Nifty Nativities. That's where I revealed my love of images where Mary is holding the baby Jesus, which doesn't happen often enough in my eyes!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Well, I kill pointsettas...Every year. and when I tried to keep one, it got so impossibly leggy and then died. LOL. But you have made me feel guilty about not doing any decorating. I promise I will tomorrow! LOL. Just too lazy to go in the basement and bring up the boxes of stuff!

Terri said...

my confession: I can only find one of my nativity sets....and the one I can find is missing two pieces - mary and the baby! egads, it's a tragedy. Second confession, we did most of our decorating two weeks ago, including all the lights and garland on the tree....but the two cases of ornaments are still full and sitting on the floor waiting for us to decorate the tree...

glad you are feeling better Jan....

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I know exactly what you mean by feeling yourself again.

Rev SS said...

I love poinsettias too ... and have to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, or there are no decorations!

So glad you're feeling better!

Rev SS said...

I love poinsettias too ... and have to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, or there are no decorations!

So glad you're feeling better!

Barbara B. said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!

We are going to have to keep our poinsettia out of Mr. Tumnus' reach -- I hear they are not good for kitties.

Nancy said...

I went to a wonderful display of creches at local church, which included on of Mary breastfeeding the baby Jesus!