Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cat allergy alert

I don't have a cat allergy, but KA does. She and daughter AE are flying to Austin at this very moment, along with their cute cocker puppy, Morgan. Last Christmas poor KA was miserable and didn't complain at all. So this year we are taking a few actions to help (I hope!) alleviate some of the allergens, though probably not enough.

Husband CB spent the last few days shampooing the rugs. (They needed to be cleaned anyway.) And today I am vacuuming the furniture, hoping that will help.

Daughter MJ and boy friend CS are driving my car to Austin to meet them. They'll get home while we are at a wedding tonight.

Our other children will arrive here on Christmas Eve day.

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

Hope you all have a lovely time.

I'm Still Me said...

My sister once used a product that she rubbed into her cats. It was like a leave in shampoo that was supposed to limit how much of the allergens were released from the cat for a chunk of time.

Good luck! Have a wonderful visit with your family.

Barbara B. said...

Haha! That picture is a hoot!

Lori said...

That picture cracked me up!

A good hepa vacuum cleaner helps a lot. Maybe you can borrow one if you don't have one.

And pet stores have this great cat hair remover. It looks like a squeegee. Works wonders!

Blessings on a sneeze free Christmas!

Jennifer said...

You're a good and thoughtful MIL.
Hope it's a great, unsneezy visit.