Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Today is the time!

The image “http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hpcd/NGAtoolkit/images/its_about_time.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Nothing is more practical than finding God,

That is, than falling in love in quite an absolute, final way.
What you fall in love with,

what seizes your imagination will affect everything.

It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,

what you do with your evenings,

how you spend your weekends,

what you read,

who you know,

what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.

Fall in love,

stay in love, and

it will decide everything.

~~Fr. Pedro Arrupe, SJ


13 comments:

Suzy said...

Jan, this is lovely.

Best wishes for a light-filled new year!

Gannet Girl said...

This is one of my favorite Arrupe-isms. It pops into my head so often, and I have it copied down in a number of places so it often appears unexpectedly when I am otherwise engaged.

RevDrKate said...

WOW! Just...WOW!

Maureen said...

Hi Jan,

So glad I found you, actually through FranIAm's site. I am sorely in need of spiritual encouragement and this is beautiful.

I've got you bookmarked!

May God bless you richly with His presence in 2008!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Love. This.

Marie said...

AMEN & BRAVO!

I love little inspirations that lift the soul and see's even for a moment with an infinite eye.

We are full of possibilities..That is the most wonderful thing.

Peace & JOY to you Jan:)

Marie

Katherine E. said...

Yes, this is lovely, Jan.

And so is the new design on your blog! Love the navy blue!

Rev SS said...

AMEN! Love this (what is an Arrupeism?) And really like your new look too.

Gannet Girl said...

Pedro Arrupe, S.J. was the previous Father General of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), from 1965-83. The 100th anniversary of his birth was celebrated in November, so there has been a considerable amount of writing about him in the last months. He was a controversial leader in the post-Vatican II Cathlic world but is a hero to many (including me). Google his name or read aout him on Wikipedia -- fascinating life story.

Jan said...

So glad you all liked the quote. It's one of my favorites, which I first heard when I was going to Oblate School of Theology and was read as a morning meditation by the prof.

GG, glad you could explain "Arrupe-ism" for every one. Also, readers could click on his name in the post to be directed to info about him.

Serena and Katherine, thank you for commenting on the change in appearance of my blog. It seemed like a new beginning also could mean a new look!

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I have never read this. Wow, thanks for sharing it. It is the time isn't it.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you!! And Happy New Year!!! You are a true blessing to me. :)

Fran said...

As always Jan, I come here and I am touched, moved, inspired and healed by what I read on your blog.

Also I love the new look.

Peace to you my sister and my friend!

Thank you so much.