Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Trip!

I am somewhat embarrassed that I am going on ANOTHER trip! On Tuesday I fly to Calgary, Alberta, Canada to visit my cousin Margaret for her 80th birthday. Neither of my parents lived to be 80 and so I am excited to celebrate this landmark birthday with her and her children, grandchildren and friends. There is going to be a big party at a nearby church. I will stay one week, with long travel days for the first and last days. CB did not want to come with me, so he is staying home, working at Habitat and taking care of the three dogs and one cat.

Before this trip, I am washing many loads of clothes. Soon I have to try to find winter clothes, as I stuffed them away when it got hot last March! For seven days I don't need much though. I bought gloves for Alaska, so I'll have them to take along.

Since I am going on another trip, I realize I should write about the Alaska trip before I have another to describe. So I will be posting pictures in the near future. I think I'll pre-post various trip venues so they can "magically" appear while I am in Canada!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Love that you are heading off to visit your aunt and celebrate her birthday.

Diane M. Roth said...

have a good time! don't be embarrassed!

and where do you get such good graphics? I love the kitty.

altar ego said...

Enjoy your trip! Lovely that you are able to spend time with family and get a break from the usual grind.

Jan said...

Thanks for the traveling wishes.

I get images from Google "images" search. Sometimes I put in long descriptions and also have to try several different combination of words, if I have the time to spend looking!

The Bug said...

Have fun!

Jennifer said...

Have a wonderful trip. I want to catch up with you when you return.