Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Always on the move

“I am not sitting, I am on a journey. Spiritually we are always on the move. We are on a journey through the inward spaces of the heart, a journey not measured by the hours of our watch or the days of the calendar, for it is a journey out of time into eternity.”


~ Kallistos Ware (1934- )


From 1966 to 2001, Ware was Spalding Lecturer of Eastern Orthodox Studies at the University of Oxford. He has authored numerous books and articles pertaining to the Orthodox Christian faith.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Much richness in the orthodox traditon, despite their rigid patriarchy...

Robin said...

Just as a matter of interest: I have been listening to BBT's summer Chautauqua sermons and she says she has abandoned the metaphor of the journey. We are where we are.

Food for thought.

Jan said...

I agree with both of you. I'm not sure if the metaphor of "journey" will ever be totally abandoned though. Looking back on our spiritual moments always makes me think of a "way" or a "journey." And, yes, we are to be present right in this moment!