Today is September 17, and I actually saw the new movie "The Town" on its opening day! Thanks to son DC and his wife AA visiting and taking me to the movie for the matinee showing this afternoon. We all really enjoyed it. Ben Affleck directed and starred in it, both in excellent ways.And here is the trivia of the past few days:
- AA's baby shower was nicer than I anticipated--five of my friends and one of hers hostessed it, with yummy food, loving friends, and cute baby gifts. AA is so much bubblier than I ever am that it was a joy to watch her interact with everyone. I am always glad to be with her and know she is my daughter-in-law.
- There are dark and heavy rainclouds all around, and it is starting to pour. Luckily, I dried a load of clothes on the clothesline before the rain started. It is supposed to rain heavily this weekend and keep on coming down next week, due to Hurricane Karl which already hit landfall in Mexico.
- Remember how I took Maisie to her first training class last Friday? She was the only pupil. That was cancelled today, which is why I could go to the movie with AA and DC. A new class time is yet to be determined. That's probably good as I have not been disciplined about teaching her and will renew my efforts this weekend. (I'm the one who needs to be a better student--and teacher.)
- The backyard looks empty without the big ash tree in the middle. We will get another tree to put there, which will be much smaller. I am hoping that we will get a live oak tree.
- Last weekend the Rev. Drs. Jane Patterson and the Rev. John Lewis, founders of The Workshop, spoke at All Saints Episcopal Church. I keep thinking about the teaching that "the NAME" of Jesus Christ means the "the nature and character." I am really helped to expand that meaning in my heart and mind that praying "in the name of Jesus Christ" could be described as praying "in the nature and character of Jesus Christ," just as Christians wish to live in that same nature and character.
2 comments:
I don't when I'll get to see that movie - glad you are having a nice weekend with your kids.
Glad to hear the baby shower was a happy event. I was part of giving a shower at church this summer, and gave one jointly for my best friend's daughter in 2004, but other than that I'm not sure I've been to a baby shower since the one for my nephew. He is now 20. Not sure what that says about my life!
Post a Comment