Today my flight to Calgary went smoothly, with a seat on the aisle and no one sitting in the middle seat. And we arrived 20 minutes early--and then I sailed through customs and baggage claim. I went outside to wait for my cousin Margaret, which is where she has always met me (with her daughter driving).
However, Margaret drove by herself in the daytime, because her daughter was at work. She parked her car and went to meet me inside and somehow we bypassed each other, partly because she arrived at the scheduled arrival time. She even had me paged, but I could not hear the announcement at the curb outside.
Not knowing what to do, I finally got some Canadian coins and called her home phone, but no one answered. Then I did something that I never do while in Canada: I turned on my cell phone and called husband CB! I asked him to call anyone else he could think of in the family. Eventually, another daughter called me and arranged for her husband to pick me up. While I was waiting for him (at 2:00), I was hungry and did not want to leave my post in case he came--then I remembered the 24 hour old peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had made for my Tuesday night dinner on the flight to Calgary. It was tasty!
So the positive things that happened despite mishaps were:
- nice hotel room
- dinner with son BJ
- easy arrival in Calgary
- peanut butter sandwich!
- being rescued by cousin-in-law
- getting here with Margaret already home (and the house unlocked)
1 comment:
Well glad you finally made it! I feel like I'm along with you! Also saw the pics of the Alaska trip. Loved the domed cars! woohoo...take care, have a great time! I'm on chap. 6 in EFM...loving it.
Post a Comment