Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's going on (not much) here

Cecilia wrote about blogging and narcissism, and now I seem to be fulfilling that role of blogging: me, me, me. You decide. . . .
  • It has been foggy all day, with drizzle. Evidently the warmer air from the south is interacting with a cold front, so tomorrow a thunderstorm is predicted, with about four inches of rain expected.
  • Poor CB has a terrible cold. He stalwartly continues to work at Habitat for Humanity houses each day and right now is teaching at the community college "Chemistry for Nursing Students." Selfishly, I hope I will not catch his cold.
  • Maisie chewed up the cover to the outdoor barbecue grill yesterday. BJ's dog Troy did that on a visit here when he was an active puppy, like Maisie.
  • I cooked a delicious chicken recipe I found on the internet today in the crockpot. The recipe is here. We'll have leftovers for the next few days, which I really like.
  • We had a rousing discussion in EFM today about Christian inclusivism and pluralism. It all started with three ways to look at religion with a Christian lens:
  1. exclusivism: Jesus is the only way to salvation.
  2. inclusivism: all people go through Jesus, even if they don't recognize him/her as "Jesus." (I suppose this is like Karl Rahner talking about the "anonymous Christian.")
  3. pluralism: all ways lead to God
  • Someone in the class suggested that with a pluralistic viewpoint, Jesus is not "necessary." That sounds harsh, but I have a lot of unknowing about the specifics of my faith, though I do believe that God loves each person and welcomes each one home. Also, that Jesus is our model as how to live and love.
  • In worship, in prayer, and in the Eucharist, I sometimes experience the Holy Presence. I know that we encounter the Holy in community, especially in church--and in life.
  • For Valentine's Day weekend son DC and his wife AA are coming to visit us, along with their bulldog Sampson. Sampson and Maisie will have a good time playing, which will give a breather to Cisco.

3 comments:

Terri said...

works for me! I like your posts about you.

angela said...

I haven't read what Ceceilia said yet, but for me, the key difference is insight. There's clear insights into the way your life happens and mine does even though we might be on different parts of the globe.

Anonymous said...

It's just fine Jan. And people can sometimes find solace that their lives are not as "complicated" or whatever in comparison at any given time.

I'm wondering if we can chat about EFM. I have a serious problem and I'd like to talk it over with you. Is your email on this site? or I can message you at FB?