Thursday, February 11, 2010

Speechless, but writing

  • Well, I can croak a little, but not much. It is especially difficult to talk on a cell phone; I guess that's because I always think I should be speaking loudly and can't do that right now.
  • There is snow in Dallas, which is way north of Corpus Christi. We had two inches of rain today, which set a record for February 11. Maybe the drought is decreasing.
  • I like writing these bullets. They make me feel like I have more to write than I really do!
  • Father M, whom I wrote about here, kindly emailed me and reassured me about my quandary concerning "innovative" and "ground-breaking" research for my master's paper:
"By "innovative and creative" does not mean that you come up with a new idea. Actually, since the time of St. Augustine, there has been no "new" idea in the western thought! I had a professor in Rome who used to say: Book comes out of Books! So, innovative and creative means that you develop an idea that someone has suggested but not developed! And you try to develop that idea with some research."
  • Wonderful Father M has encouraged me. So once I recover from this cold, I will try to find some undeveloped topic, though I love to read too many "developed" ones.
  • Tomorrow DC and AA will decide if they are coming to visit us this weekend. This all depends upon CB's and my health. He has improved greatly, and I don't feel that badly, except for not being able to talk.

4 comments:

Terri said...

So....it will be a contemplative visit?

Jan said...

MP, thanks for the (quiet) giggle!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That clarification makes the paper sound much more manageable.

Crimson Rambler said...

very glad to read this!!!