This is reminding me a bit of Dr. M's discussion of African-American troops in the civil war - once it became expedient then they were allowed to fight. I'd like for it to not come down to "saving hetero lives" before we do away with that ridiculous policy!
Haahaa, What Mag said....I think if a person really wants to serve in the military it should matter not what color their skin, their gender, nor their sexual orientation, nor what ever next 'ism we face.
3 comments:
This is reminding me a bit of Dr. M's discussion of African-American troops in the civil war - once it became expedient then they were allowed to fight. I'd like for it to not come down to "saving hetero lives" before we do away with that ridiculous policy!
Personally, I really enjoyed the Onion's take on it: we just can't afford to risk even one precious gay life!
Haahaa, What Mag said....I think if a person really wants to serve in the military it should matter not what color their skin, their gender, nor their sexual orientation, nor what ever next 'ism we face.
Post a Comment