The little tale quoted above comes from the pictured book (below it). The Wisdom Class, which meets every Tuesday at my church, is beginning to read this new book tomorrow: But I Tell You: Jesus Introduces a Better Way to Live by Karen L. Oberst. Her little bio says this about the author:"Karen L. Oberst majored in Greek at Houghton College in Houston, NY. She is a librarian, and an elder at Klamath Falls Friends Church in Klamath Falls, OR."
It's a book where the author translates the Beatitudes from the original Greek to words we can understand more readily in our culture. Oberst is an excellent teacher.
I have previously quoted from this book, which you may look at here.
2 comments:
I've used that story in a sermon illustration before - it's a great story!! the book sounds fab too!
MP, you use the best stories in your sermons!
Post a Comment