Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Five: Signs of Hope

Songbird writes for RevGalBlogPals:

In the late, late winter, as the snow begins to recede here in Maine, we begin to look almost desperately for signs of spring, signs of hope that the weather has turned and a new day is on the horizon. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, Easter and Spring twine inextricably, the crocuses and daffodils peeking through the Earth as we await the risen Christ.

Share with us five signs of hope that you can see today or have experienced in the past.

1. New bright green leaves on mesquite trees (here in south TX)
2. Beautiful spring weather here in Corpus Christi, TX where it feels like a Bellingham, WA summer day--78 degrees F. (Unfortunately, spring here is almost over.)
3. My husband CB asked me to go for a walk last night. As indicated above, the weather is lovely. We need to start exercising more, so this could mark a new beginning.

4. I am sitting in meditation/prayer twice a day. I find this very hopeful, especially as I look forward to these times, which is a new feeling for me.

5. Our new priest, Sandy Casey-Martus, is wonderful! She is challenging us to live in the awareness of God with Jesus as our model. She is the teacher and priest I need.

8 comments:

Barbara B. said...

I love it when you mention Bellingham! :)

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Great photos. Never been to that area...but it certainly is lovely.

Unknown said...

And I'm always glad when people like their pastors!

Sara said...

Your lovely blue Maine skies look about the same as our blue Long Beach skies here in the other corner of the USA, and the water and boats too. Walking along the waterfront is always a pleasure I think.

Lindy said...

Ah, so, your mesquite are out? And the Pecan too I presume.

Our Pecans and Mesquite are waiting. Maybe another freeze in the offing. Between (Surfside and Matagorda.) Glad you are firmly in Spring. Enjoy!

niwaki said...

I too am seeking more silence and solitude with God in my life and found your words both encouraging and inspiring. Thank you much for your "five". Blessings! :)

Processing Counselor said...

Thank you for the picture of our pastor. I'm still looking and I'm glad hear that people have pastors that they are happy with.

MumPastor said...

Hi Jan, thanks for visiting over at my place. This was a great FF! Your new rector looks like a person I would love to get to know, and I am so happy you are enjoying doing so. The weather looks great there! Enjoy!