Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Five: Blogroll Spotlight

Mary Beth writes for RevGalBlogPals:

On my blog sidebar is a list titled, "Blogs I Read Every Day." After my mother became a blogger, she asked me how I could possibly read that many blogs daily!? I had to confess it then: Okay, I don't read them all every day! I have over 100 on there! But I have favorites, and you do too.
Some of you probably use feed readers to let you know when your favorite bloggers have posted...not me, not yet. I just have folks who are part of my day-to-day.

So for today's Friday Five, give us five blogs you visit regularly, and tell us briefly WHY you like them. These can be RevGal and Pal bloggers and others ... or news sites, knitting sites, etc. Who are you showing the love to on a pretty constant basis?

Hopefully we will all get to know some new bloggy friends this way!

First off, I have a shortcut by having some of my favorite bloggers on my "reading list," which shows up with brief recaps on their newest posts when I go to my dashboard. (I follow them.) So that means I don't look every day, because some don't post each day.

There are too many I like to visit, but these are my most regular stops:

1. Fran at FranIAm: Fran is one of the most prolific bloggers I know who incorporates humor, faith, current events, politics, and outrage into her various posts. It's usually a surprise to see what she has most recently posted.

2. Ellie at any of her three blogs: Child of Illusion, Does Not Wisdom Call?, and Meditation Matters: Each blog highlights thoughts to ponder, though the first tends to be more political. I always find a quote, poem, or image (and great political cartoons!) that stop me and get me to think.

3. Diane Walker at Contemplative Photographer: Diane is just what her blog title says--one who meditates upon her photography, combined with what is going in her life, in the world, and thoughts about God. She also writes poetry.

4. Katherine at Meaning and Authenticity: Katherine is the friend who got me started blogging almost two years ago. Before blogging, I knew her to be seeking her blog title, and she continues to share her thoughts in profound ways--about faith, politics, and life. I always look forward to her next post.

5. Dave at The Quaker Agitator: Dave is one who often posts more than once a day, and I am always eager to see his next one. I admire his desire to live out his Quaker faith in teaching and all areas of his life. He has regular features such as "peace bloggers," "focus on Darfur," and articles on politics that I would not see down here in south TX if it were not for him.

7 comments:

Sally said...

wow an excellent list, I'm off to visit Dave and Diane's blogs.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thanks Jan--I know of Fran and Dave but haven't read them much, and this makes me want to take another look.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

What Sally said. So few hours in the day....

Auntie Knickers said...

Great list, loved Contemplative Photographer.

altar ego said...

Love your list! Glad to know about Dave, the Quake. Oh, how I laughed! And the Contemplative Photographer is a gem. Great list all around.

Barbara B. said...

Good list! (So many blogs; so little time!)

Terri said...

You always have an interesting list of blogs that you read...