I am cleaning out boxes that were packed in 1991, before we moved from Corpus Christi, TX to RI! I think they've been sealed since then. The only reason these boxes were taken down from the closet shelf was that about three weeks ago everything on that long shelf above clothes had to be removed, because insulation was going to be blown into our attic. MJ and boy friend CS moved all the boxes into big brother BJ's old room, where they've stayed despite a visit with BJ staying in there.Most of the boxes contain books from when I taught second and third grades in VA and OR. I've filled two bags of "teacher" stuff that I'm giving to a friend, who may just throw them away--but that's up to her. (I tend to be a pack rat, which is probably obvious to you.) I am filling those little boxes again with children's books that I'll donate to the Brandeis Book Sale ladies. And of course, there are some books I cannot part with--for the someday grandchildren I'll have.
Some treasures I found:
- The slides of Japan my dad sent for AE to show in school. He kept asking where they were and I didn't know. Too late now.
- Two books of poetry husband CB gave me early in our marriage.
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe that my mother's cousin Margaret gave me when I was in second grade.
3 comments:
I hope all goes well on Wednesday. Thanks for the reminder on the book. I was thinking about it the other day and now it has been added to my amazon list.
I didn't realize that you'd taught grade school. Another layer to discover.
I'll be praying about Wednesday.
You discovered cool treasures!
Hope all goes well on Weds.
Post a Comment