This was the view of Lakeshore Church in Houston from the other side of the freeway-- where we stayed with MJ's friend's family. That's the church of Joel Osteen. I would not go and see or hear him, but it was interesting to see how huge his church is. That's about the only picture I have relating to our trip, because I didn't take my camera.The friend's family was very hospitable and friendly. They have two dogs, one cat, one rabbit, one snake, and two large lizards. I slept in one of the daughters' bedrooms with the molting and unmoving python in the aquarium, which luckily had a screen over its top.
23 year old son BJ drove from northwest Houston to have dinner with us at a Chinese restaurant on Saturday night. We had a nice meal and then MJ and boy friend CS went off to the Houston Dynamos soccer game. BJ and I went and sat at Starbucks and talked for a long time, which made me a happy mom.
Sunday we drove to BJ's rental house, which he shares with two college friends. The three work only about five minutes away from their home and come home each workday for lunch. Troy, the Brittany Spaniel, has a large backyard to run around in, with several large shade trees. BJ showed us where he works, too. We liked seeing some of his new life in Houston, where he moved about four months ago.
It was a much better weekend than I had anticipated. MJ and CS greatly enjoyed the soccer game, where the Houston Dynamos beat Columbus Crew 2-0.
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time. . . . And I wouldn't step foot in Joel Osteen's church either.
sounds very nice, all around...
Post a Comment