
MJ and I just got back from walking the three mile loop around Lake Padden, pictured above. I was a little worried that my knee would hurt, but I only had a few twinges going up some hills. I was slow and cautious about going downhill. It is 72 degrees F. and beautiful! MJ got to see how people around here get out to sunbathe when it gets sunny, even if it's in the 60s!
The first time I ever walked around Lake Padden was in July 1992, the day after my mother's funeral. Husband CB suggested it; going for a long walk there helped give me some comfort in its beauty. It's odd that I'd never walked there before; I'd only heard about the Lake Padden Golf Course, not the park surrounding the lake.
Tomorrow we're going to Victoria!
5 comments:
What a lovely spot. I am moved by how you first came to this lake and how your mother's death and remembrance are so intertwined with your life right now.
Thank you always for sharing so very generously with us about your life, your hope, your heart, your hurts and your ever moving spirit.
beautiful...place, memories, what a lovely way to lift up your mother's life, walking here and remembering her!
Jan what a lovely remembrance. So glad you shared. The picture is just so idyllic. Glad your vacation is going so well. We miss ya!
Dear Jan,
Beautiful thoughts from a gorgeous locale.
I'm glad you can distill hope and healing from your journey.
Blessings!
How beautiful. I can see why your husband suggested it when you were grieving. I'm glad that your knee didn't give you trouble on this walk.
Post a Comment