Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane--for Seattle!

I'd forgotten how sweetly John Denver sang. I found this video of him singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane," which I had not heard for many years. It brought back memories of dating CB, which is most appropriate since we'll be going to our 40th high school reunion in two weeks.

CB, MJ, and I will be flying to Seattle tomorrow. MJ's boy friend CS is kindly taking us to the airport in the morning. Another "good-by" for him and MJ!

We will visit daughter AE and her partner KA in Seattle, as well as some old, old friends (back to high school days!). Then we'll go to Bellingham, where CB's parents and siblings live and also where our high school reunion will be.

I'll be able to blog every so often from CB's parents' computer. I'll be eager to catch up with blogging friends!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Have a great trip! I'll be praying "traveling mercies" for you and your family.

Nancy said...

Also, one more thing about visiting "Experience Music Project" (the rock-and-roll museum). It'll probably end up with each of you going your separate ways through the museum and then meeting to talk about it. What you want to see and hear will be very different from what your daughters want to see and hear.

I really enjoyed it. Some of the music brought tears of memory (in a good way--like "Leaving on a Jet Plane").

I'm Still Me said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Diane M. Roth said...

have a wonderful and safe trip!

ROBERTA said...

and may i offer a warm (literally for once!) northwestern state welcome to you and yours!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I had forgotten (if I ever knew) that John Denver wrote that song.

Have a wonderful time visiting with your daughter and with old friends.

Sherry said...

Oh have a safe and wonderful trip Jan. Take lots of pictures and enjoy yourself immensely. :) Oh and I loved the poem in the next post as well! Truly thought provoking!

David said...

John Denver is one of my wife's all time favorites. He was truly a great singer/song writer.

Have a wonderful trip!

David

Barbara B. said...

Glad you'll be out here in the Pacific NW!

Billie Greenwood said...

40 years...amazing.
I just downloaded John Denver into my iPod Nano. He's great.
Safe travels.

Fran said...

Safe travels, happy visits and much love!

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Oh, I miss John Denver!