I am so happy to be home. When I looked for an image about "home sweet home," I suddenly remembered this favorite children's book. I so believe that children like the books the reader is enthusiastic about. I was always energetic about reading these old classics, like The Little House, Ferdinand, and Make Way for Ducklings, among many others, and my four kids liked them, too.I remember my parents telling the story about me returning to their home after a trip to visit relatives when I was about three years old: I would go to each piece of furniture and stroke it, saying: "Nice chair. Nice table. Nice desk."
It is really wonderful to be back home, even when our old cocker is found in the kitty litter box--even when I have to clean up the mess from that! Even when it is hot and humid. And despite all the balloons (transferred from MJ's bedroom) amidst the piles of books in my office:
I'm glad to be visiting blogs again. Thanks for welcoming me back.

5 comments:
WELCOME HOME!
I adore that book, a special one from childhood. Glad you're home again!
Glad you're back.
We loved "The Little House" around here. We were also big into "Mike Mulligan & the Steam Shovel," but that's because Dad here was biased (he had it when he was a kid).
"Nice chair.." That is precious. Great to have you back here.
I am like that too--such a homebody.
Post a Comment