
Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
(New photo after taking MJ there!)
(New photo after taking MJ there!)
MJ moves into her dorm at Trinity University Friday morning. We will be leaving our home at 6:30 am to arrive at the appropriate time for her particular dorm. She is all packed.
Several complications have entered her leave-taking though. First, MJ lost her cell phone, the new one her oldest brother DC and wife AA gave her for her high school graduation gift. We've searched the house high and low. Possibly it was left at the bank today, but that cannot be determined until tomorrow when we're in San Antonio.
But now it looks like not ALL of us will be in SA. While I made a sudden trip to HEB (supermarket) for a few last-minute things for MJ, both CB and MJ heard a loud BANG. Only when I got home and tried to get the garage door to rise up did we realize that a spring broke that keeps the door stationary. It is impossible to raise the door. Luckily, one car is outside. MJ's car is in the garage and so she cannot drive it to school.
The solution to the problem is that I will drive MJ and her stuff to Trinity in the morning, while CB stays to get the Overhead Door people here to fix our door. When it is operational again, CB will drive the older car up to San Antonio to meet us there. That way MJ will have a car to drive, especially to drive home next weekend when boyfriend CS is back from his vacation.
And maybe CB will find the lost cell phone and bring it with him later in the day to grieving MJ. That would solve the first problem.
I am trying not to be superstitious about bad things going in a series of THREE.
Several complications have entered her leave-taking though. First, MJ lost her cell phone, the new one her oldest brother DC and wife AA gave her for her high school graduation gift. We've searched the house high and low. Possibly it was left at the bank today, but that cannot be determined until tomorrow when we're in San Antonio.
But now it looks like not ALL of us will be in SA. While I made a sudden trip to HEB (supermarket) for a few last-minute things for MJ, both CB and MJ heard a loud BANG. Only when I got home and tried to get the garage door to rise up did we realize that a spring broke that keeps the door stationary. It is impossible to raise the door. Luckily, one car is outside. MJ's car is in the garage and so she cannot drive it to school.
The solution to the problem is that I will drive MJ and her stuff to Trinity in the morning, while CB stays to get the Overhead Door people here to fix our door. When it is operational again, CB will drive the older car up to San Antonio to meet us there. That way MJ will have a car to drive, especially to drive home next weekend when boyfriend CS is back from his vacation.
And maybe CB will find the lost cell phone and bring it with him later in the day to grieving MJ. That would solve the first problem.
I am trying not to be superstitious about bad things going in a series of THREE.
14 comments:
you really need to stop "stealing" images from other sites. Download them first and then re-upload them. Preferably using images that aren't copy-righted.
Maybe that earlier post is your #3. I just called in to say what a great time you seem to have been having lately, and I hope the phone is found!
IS, I did not know that was copyrighted. If it has an address, is that so? (DUH--your ignorant mom)
Emjaydee, what an idea--I think you're right that three difficult things have happened now.
I'm sure you've thought of this, but just in case, . . . did you try dialing MJ's phone number to see if anyone answers? Or if you hear it ringing in the house?
How inconvenient about the garage door. I hope the repair people get there soon.
And sending you hugs too because I know this will be emotional for you.
I'm really glad you had to run to the HEB so you would have one car available.
Losing a cell phone is a major headache. Of all days...
And lots of hugs on taking the daughter to college. When Only Son went, he'd already been on his own for a while so there was not that sudden rending for us then. But, I've seen several of my friends through this time!
Heading to college already?? Only Daughter still has about three weeks left...gotta keep makin' those $$$. Hope the cell phone turns up.
Oh my! Well I wish all of you good things only and that the cell phone is found!!
There is always something comforting in reading about others' disasters -- one feels less alone when ridiculous things go wrong! The garage door is one of the best ones ever.
I hope all is going smoothly today and that MJ loves college!
a lost cell phone is certainly a pain in the keester! :)
Of all the screwball things to break, it would have to be a garage door! LOL. I certainly hope you are not going to have another mishap, two are plenty. Off to college, how that brings back memories. I would love to visit San Antonio. Dallas and Houston I've done. Good luck on the trip.
Hope things are all ok...and all made the trip safe and sound
I will assume that by now you got to Trinity all right, the phone was found, and the door is fixed! Good luck to your Trinity student. It's a beautiful campus.
I will assume that by now you got to Trinity all right, the phone was found, and the door is fixed! Good luck to your Trinity student. It's a beautiful campus.
I will assume that by now you got to Trinity all right, the phone was found, and the door is fixed! Good luck to your Trinity student. It's a beautiful campus.
Post a Comment