Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Knee arthroscopy



This time tomorrow morning this will be happening to me.

I'm glad the procedure will be early in the morning; I have to get to the hospital at 5:30 am, with the knee arthroscopy scheduled for 7:30. Maybe I'll be home by noon on Wednesday!

I got a note from a friend who reminded me of Psalm 121:8:

The Lord will protect your going out
and your coming in
from this time forth and forever more.

A good word and prayer for each of us, especially for those we love.

9 comments:

Annie's Mom said...

Dear Jan,

I hope that the procedure goes well, and that you're out of the hospital in good time to enjoy a restful remainder of your Wednesday. Take it easy in the next few days!!!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'll be praying.

Choralgrrl said...

Prayers headin' atcha, girl. :-)

Fran said...

I have been praying for you and will continue to do so.And praying for your doctor and other caregivers as well!

Jan said...

Friends, thank you for your prayers. I'm more worried about recovery than the surgery. This is all very new to me.

Sara said...

Hi Jan, I just wanted to say thank you for your recent visits and comments. My DH had this surgery just over a year ago...he walked out on his own two feet (which I was shocked to see, but everyone else with the same surgery was doing the same), but there was much soreness later (only to be expected of course). After time passed and everything settled down, however, it did turn out to be a successful surgery. Everyone reacts differently...may yours be a quick and very successful recovery! Blessings.

Billie Greenwood said...

Will keep you tucked in my thoughts and prayers...speedy recovery.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, Jan. I suspect the key is not to try and push yourself too hard in the early days.

Cheers,
Doxy

Sherry said...

Best of Luck Jan and a quick recovery. Just don't push it! Lucky to have an early surgery, no time to think a lot about it! Just relax and let everyone wait on you for a few days. A week, two weeks, as long as you can pretend you can't walk yet! LOL. Prayers and blessings.