Here's hoping there will not be another time change for the knee arthroscopy scheduled for Wednesday morning. The doctor's nurse called to check the time with me, which is a good thing. If she hadn't done this, I would have shown up at the hospital THREE hours too early!So now the procedure is scheduled for 10:30 am, with husband CB taking me there two hours earlier. More time to worry and/or be hungry and thirsty! On the bright side, we can sleep later in the morning, and this will be easier for CB.
This is kind of like expecting a baby: I keep hearing horror (and a few good stories) about arthroscopies of friends, relatives, and others people have known. It is a good reminder to me about what not to talk about to people having medical "events."
17 comments:
Hope all went well - the clock pic is amazing - where is it?
That looks like Prague's clock to me.
I hope it all goes well!
(((Jan)))
Sending prayers non-stop.
I think IS is correct - Prague.
In my vocation I have experienced a LOT, A LOT of people who have had this surgery. It is an easy surgery to do. It is a little more difficult to heal from than say hip replacement - BUT that is only because the knee is weight bearing in a way that the hip is not...AND more importantly I know people who have had double knee replacment surgery and recovered really easily and really well.
The day after surgery is the toughest because you HAVE to get that knee working so it doesn't atrophy (freeze)...so. One day of challenge, from there it is alot easier.
My MIL had this done at 84 years old and recovered just fine. You, I am certain, will do just fine! And soon you will be amazingly pain free!!!!!
Now, that said...surgery is no fun, no matter what...so all my prayers are with you.
I'm sorry they delayed you. But I'll pray about the surgery and the recovery.
I know that clock!
Hope all goes well.
praying for you!
and like mompriest, we've had a lot of these surgeries in my congregation. hope all goes well for you.
I'm having a hard time getting around the blogs right now, but you're in my thoughts.
wish we could all get on a plane and meet for dinner somewhere.
keeping you in my prayers!
Prayers for a good report, and a speedy recovery.
Praying. Both my sisters had it and it went fine!
WHY do people insist on sharing their horror stories with someone who is going to have some procedure done? I can't stand that.
My beloved mother-in-law has had both knees done, along with a hip. She's the bionic Mom-In-Law. She bounced back fast in no time. And yes, she reported the hip was easier than the knees.
Get well quick! Holding you in the Light this week.
Prayers for all.
I can imagine your frustration. Changing things when you just get all planned and ready for it. Most disconcerting at a time you don't need stress! Best of luck Jan and my prayers are certainly with you.
Like Mompriest and Diane I've known many a parishoner who had one and/or both knees done and did well (they behaved and did their pt, of course)... here's to you being another success story!
Like Mompriest and Diane I've known many a parishoner who had one and/or both knees done and did well (they behaved and did their pt, of course)... here's to you being another success story!
Sorry I'm late to this, but I have to say--everyone I know who has had their knees done has said later, "Why did I wait so long?" Hugs to you and like others have said, here's to another success story!
Post a Comment