Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hot Spring (?) Day

At 2 pm on Saturday afternoon, it is 93 degrees F. here in south Texas. It is the beginning of both TX colleges' and public schools' spring breaks. My daughter MJ and her boy friend are at the (crowded!) beach this afternoon. It is so HOT that it's hard to imagine Suzy at Luminiferous Ether welcoming her first spring robin! I miss such robins and daffodils and. . . .but I know all the kids are glad to have such beautiful weather for the beach. And it's good weather to hang towels out on the clothesline, which I did this morning. Also, this is when I really appreciate air conditioning, which enables the only way I can live in Texas. But is it still spring???

4 comments:

Carla Peterson at Soul Focus said...

Oh Jan, Here in Wisconsin it's 35 degrees, with some snow still on the ground. I haven't seen a robin yet, but the chickadees are twittering away and the woodpeckers are hammering into the old oak and box alder trees here. 93 degrees is a warm summer day here, not expected until maybe July... Both the temperature there and going to the beach sound wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

My daughter is in Houston this weekend for a dance event. She called and said, Mom it is SO hot down here, and it's SO humid!

It was a shock to her body to go from 40 degrees to over 90 in one day!

dust bunny said...

That is waaaaaaay too hot for me!!!

Katherine E. said...

Ugh. 93 degrees. I say again: Ugh.

Come up to North Texas, Jan. It's a little better (not much, but some)

Love you!