
This morning I hung sheets on the clothesline for the first time in weeks, because it has been cold and rainy here for awhile. Holding the laundry basket as always, I dropped it to shut the backdoor. I was so surprised when I heard the puppy yelp and disappear. So I thought Maisie had run off into the yard.
After I hung the clothes on the line, I started looking for the puppy who appeared to be lost again. I searched behind every bush along the fence in our backyard and kept calling and looking. Then I got worried, because after the second and third times around the yard I could not find her. I even prayed for Maisie's safety.
Then I worriedly called CB, who is working at one of the Habitat (for Humanity) houses, as he does almost every day. Speaking to him, I realized I had not looked in the house. When I came in, there was Maisie asleep by the love seat in the family room. She is lying just as she was last night when I took this picture:
So today I learned (AGAIN) how quick puppies are!
5 comments:
Maisie is adorable, Jan. Aaarrgh! The people who abandon pets. God bless you for taking Maisie in.
What a sweet looking (and lucky) dog.
So cute! I sort of hope she stays with you.
Maisie is so cute! I'm glad you two have found each other. Pets are such a blessing!
such a cutie pie. I wish I could hug her.
Post a Comment