Thursday, January 21, 2010

Off to Albuquerque!

Tomorrow CB and I fly to Albuquerque to attend the conference there: "Following the Mystics Through the Narrow Gates." It is exciting to attend that, especially with my husband coming along with me!
  • We leave in the morning, when it will probably be foggy. We hope to get to the conference by the time it starts at 2 pm.
  • A friend is staying at our house to take care of the dogs, especially puppy Maisie. That is a great relief to have someone here who will nurture them for the four days we are gone.
  • I am pre-posting some inspirational quotes for the days that I am gone, so I hope friends will stop by to read these short thoughts each day. In that way, I'll still be connected to you all.
  • I am looking forward to buying a cd set another friend recommended, which is about the theology of Duns Scotus, who was first recommended by my old spiritual director.
  • Even with the Kindle, I am taking a "real" book along--The Eye of Spirit by Ken Wilber. Between the two, I should have enough to read on the plane rides.

3 comments:

ROBERTA said...

i can hardly wait to hear what you learn! have a great time!

Fran said...

Have a great trip- prayers for the journey!

And Duns Scotus, wow, impressive. I do love me some Duns Scotus and "is-ness" myself, but it is deep reading. Enjoy, I think it will suit you.

Gannet Girl said...

I am reading Scotus now for an independent study. Yikes! If you can make heads or tails of him, I will be extremely impressed. think my professor is deeeply depressed by just how clueless I am.