Saturday, March 14, 2009

new cell phone

Well, last night we got a big box containing four new cell phones, since we renewed our family plan. The logistics and money involved in a "family plan" are what finally got husband CB to agree to have one about three years ago. He had stubbornly resisted for years, but conceded when AE presented him with a print-out of the "savings" with such a plan.

With last week's mini-crisis over minutes used, CB took the plunge and renewed the plan. Oddly enough, my two daughters and I chose the same phone, without telling each other:
Today I have been learning about it, with MJ's help. I'm grateful that I got the phone while she was still home on spring break.

Since I foolishly never saved the phone numbers on the original SIM card, today I had to type in each and every name and phone number on my list. That is finished now. I just wish I could have gotten the pictures off my old phone and put them on this new one.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I had to get my phone replaced not long ago and, guess what? The replacement phone had someone else's photos on it. They just replaced my beat up phone with a refurbished one because Verizon Wireless is cheap bast&#@& kind of outfit. But, anyway, some of those photos are not the sort of thing that a nice xian woman should have on her cell phone, that's all I'm going to say. But, there were also photos of some dogs and even kayaking photos so, if you didn't know, you might actually think they were my photos. Scary. From now on I am going to take the sim card out before I trade in.