What has become a sort of addiction for me is this Li'l Green Patch accessed through Facebook. Friends send each other plants. When ten friends are sent plants, the giver logs up 1 square foot of Rain Forest land. When visiting friends' garden patches, one can help tend their gardens by such activities as weeding, watering, getting rid of rabbits, or feeding the squirrels. Somehow I have come to enjoy this mindless activity every day, which I rationalize is better than playing solitaire on the computer because at least small portions of the Rain Forest are saved. In fact, as of today, I am tallied with 265 square feet of Rain Forest saved."The founders of Li'l Green Patch write:
The (Lil) Green Patch community, working together, was able to save 96,124,167 Sq ft of Rainforest so far! We are very excited about our progress and are confident we can make an even larger impact in the future!
"See the donation here."
I never know what to say on Facebook. I do enjoy seeing the little pictures of blogger friends. I changed my picture to a cute old lady, since my hair is starting to turn white (or is it gray?).
That could be my icon for my blog, except the crossroads is a steady reminder that I can't just sit around and read, but must be making choices and moving in a direction!By the way, my first Facebook picture icon was this one of me taken in Banff last October:
4 comments:
I have never really understood the Lil green patches...now I understand it a little better...and, well, I never write anything of substance on Facebook, just fluff - and sadly I don't write much on my blogs these days - I'm just tired, I think. Love this picture of you.
I had to give up all FaceBook applications after my computer got sick from one. But the L'il Greenpatch used to be my favorite.
And I love that picture of you too!
Wonderful picture! Nice to see what you look like!
Gee, I recognize that icon. And that photo. And that Lil Green Patch.
You're the best Lil Green Patch friend I have, Jan!
Post a Comment