Thursday, June 23, 2011

Siblings

Being an only child, I have only learned about siblings and their relationships through observation. Best of all, I continue to watch my four children (and two partners) grow in their connections with each other. It warms my heart to see the ways they connect with one another, even with AE and KA living in Seattle, WA and the rest of us living in TX.

For Father's Day, MJ created this Father's Day card for her oldest brother DC, which he shared with me. It is so cute, I am putting it here, as I love how my son is a loving brother, husband, and dad, plus MJ's creativity and thoughtfulness. (This is not to negate my affection and regard for my other children.)

Here you can see that the top picture has DC holding MJ when he was almost 11 years old.

Of course, the bottom picture shows DC as a Daddy, holding Avery and rotund Sampson, our first grand-dog.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Sweet!

MadPriest said...

You have two partners, Jan?
That sounds like hard work.