Monday, June 6, 2011

Tuesday Trivia

For the first time in four years, I do not have two classes on Tuesdays. EFM is over, so there is only the Wisdom Class (book study) on Tuesday mornings. I thought I'd have a lot of extra time without EFM, but I am filling up mornings and some afternoons with water aerobics classes at the YWCA.

Today I went to two water exercise classes; tonight I am tired. It is good that it is almost time to go to bed. The annoying thing is that I still have one ear plugged with water from this morning's time in the deep end.

For whatever reason, I have had several days without my hands hurting. On Sunday I was finally able to write some notes to friends. (I never seem to write letters anymore.) Some of the positive steps I have taken in the past month or two:
  1. reducing intake of artificial sweeteners
  2. taking salmon oil capsules
  3. started methotextrate last Wednesday (1 X a week)
  4. getting more exercise regularly
  5. eating cherries, an anti-inflammatory food
  6. meditating 2 or more times a day
Husband CB has been taking salmon oil capsules daily for several years. In this time, his blood pressure and cholesterol readings have gone down significantly. Supposedly, salmon oil benefits one's joints, too.

And here is the Wisdom Class meditation today from Richard Rohr's newest book, Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life:

“True religion is always a deep intuition that we are already participating in something very good, in spite of our best efforts to deny it or avoid it. In fact, the best of modern theology is revealing a strong ‘turn toward participation,’ as opposed to religion as mere observation, affirmation, moralism, or group belonging. There is nothing to join, only something to recognize, suffer, and enjoy as a participant. You are already in the eternal flow that Christians would call the divine life of the Trinity.”

Richard Rohr

Falling Upward, pp. x-xi

Have a good Tuesday!

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I might have to try the salmon oil. How long did your husband use it before he noticed a difference?

My husband has had what he thinks is gout in one of his toes - he's been taking black cherry concentrate & it has helped a LOT!

Sherry Peyton said...

So glad to hear you are doing a bit better Jan. :)