Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shoved from behind

I have rarely been pushed from behind, but that happened to me yesterday when I visited my doctor. He told me to stand in front of him, facing away and then shoved me! I almost fell and moved my right foot forward, which is what the doctor expected. He told me afterwards that he tried that to see if my "power" foot was the one that has been hurting, which it was. Staying on my left foot showed that I push off with that foot and it is more stationary. My left foot is the one hurting since Christmas. I had never heard that before, and "power foot" doesn't come up when I google it.

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

First I read that as shaved from behind. lol

WOW...your doctor shoved you. That is kinda...wow.

Terri said...

goodness....that was kind of a risky thing for your DR to do...so now what, you have to reorder the way you walk?

emmapeelDallas said...

Jan,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love the pic of you holding that beautiful baby!

And as for your doc's comment...I think he meant he was trying to determine which is your dominant foot. Dominance (in that sense, LOL!) interests me.