Friday, February 4, 2011

Rare icicles in Corpus Christi, TX

This is the observable ice in our yard at noon today. Highly unusual for Corpus Christi, TX! My son in Austin and friends of his in Fort Worth have posted pictures of inches of snow on Facebook, but we only had ice and some sleet here.

The sun has just come out, so it seems warmer, even with the temperature at 31 degrees F. When the wind was blowing and the skies were gray yesterday, it seemed much colder at the same temperature.

Yes, Texans are wimps. Even though we lived in NJ and RI in the 1990's, those cold temperatures are long-ago and faint memories. It is nice to see the sun out again, knowing there will be only a few more days of freezing temperatures--and way too soon I will be complaining about the HEAT!

3 comments:

Terri said...

I remember moving from Wisconsin after the record breaking snow storm of 1967 - to Texas - in 1969 and laughing when Ft Worth closed schools because we got an inch of snow...In my memory we did not close schools in Wisconsin even after that huge storm (although we probably did for a day)...

anyway, I understand!

Anonymous said...

Too hot, too cold, it does seem as though we are never satisfied with the weather. However....this winter is one for the record books. Up here in the Northeast it's been brutal. I promised that I would never compain about the summer heat again...but, we'll see.
Andie

Anonymous said...

We're wimps here in Georgia too...and at home in NC we were *definitely* freaked out about snow.