Today 12 needlepoint kneelers were introduced and dedicated to First United Methodist Church of Corpus Christi, TX. They are beautiful; just one is pictured above. This is a project that has been ongoing for the past four years. Each stitcher who created the kneeler walked in a procession to the front of the sanctuary and placed the pillow in its particular spot.I went today because a good friend MW worked diligently on kneeler #4: God Called the Dry Land. Perhaps someday I can post a picture of "her" kneeler.
Nancy Keating of Atlanta, GA, designed them. Pictures of other kneelers she designed can be seen here. She was also in the congregation today!
It was thrilling to see the kneelers and their creators, as well as experience the joy of the congregation today. I'm glad I could be there, especially for my friend.
Still, I find that I missed the liturgy and Eucharist of my Episcopal Church. I yearn for that weekly worship experience.
3 comments:
Wow! These are wonderful! What a great connection you have to them.
I ponder studying fiber arts and liturgical space for my sabbatical....
How gorgeous!
A few weeks ago I missed Sunday Eucharist twice. I was STARVED when I got back!
"The Beasts of the Earth?" Wow.
Post a Comment