
I just baked a pecan pie to take to my son and daughter-in-law's for the dinner tomorrow in Austin. This afternoon I am going to fix our traditional stuffing and cook a small turkey just for our family. We like to have leftover sandwiches! Tomorrow morning we'll drive to Austin for the two-family Thanksgiving with AA's family and our family. I am still very impressed that AA is such a hostess after only two years of marriage!
And AA just called asking me if I was bringing "the" green jello salad? I had not planned on it, but she said DC called her from work and asked if we were having it. I never knew anyone was attached to that lime and fruit jello salad that appears every Thanksgiving and Christmas (because that's what my mother did!). Guess the jello salad is a "tradition" I had not realized.
4 comments:
My grandmother always made the cranberry sauce and homemade baked macaroni and cheese. My mom's assignment was homemade rolls and all the rest just got filled in. Have a blessed T-day.
We spent our first two Thanksgivings with the associate pastors (now only one is) from our church ... this year they are away and so we won't be doing that and I think I might miss it. He is from SC and so we were introduced to a southern Thanksgiving which included my introduction to PECAN PIE! So good! Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.
I think that's sweet they want your jello salad.
I always regret not having leftovers because we go to one of Michael's sisters' houses. So I usually make a small Thanksgiving for us too, sometime around the holiday. I don't know if I'll get to it this year.
Speaking of Thanksgiving in Texas, have you seen the 'King of the Hill' episode when the Hill family gets stuck in the Dallas airport trying to go to Montana for T-giving? Of course, when nothing goes right, they discover the true meaning of giving thanks (and it includes propane).
Post a Comment