1. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
I loved reading comic books, especially all the Walt Disney ones.
2. Which comic strip today most consistently tickles your funny bone?
3. Which Peanuts character is closest to being you?
Probably Charlie Brown, because I am pretty insecure, though growing out of that, too. He tries so hard even when prospects look poor.
Probably Charlie Brown, because I am pretty insecure, though growing out of that, too. He tries so hard even when prospects look poor.
4. Some say that comic strips have replaced philosophy as a paying job, so to speak. Does this ring true with you?
For ordinary people, this is probably true. It's a way to reach more people. Like Jesus, comic strips can often speak as a parable--leaving one to wonder and question, sometimes in outrage.
5. What do you think the appeal is for the really long running comic strips like Blondie, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace as some examples?
Basic experiences of life, especially middle class family life.
Basic experiences of life, especially middle class family life.
Bonus question: Which discontinued comic strip would you like to see back in print?
Look at the top of this post and that will tell you--"Calvin and Hobbes."
Look at the top of this post and that will tell you--"Calvin and Hobbes."


11 comments:
I agree with Calvin and Hobbs. I too live Zits in my home life with a 16 year old son.
Great play!
QP
That would be Hobbes...Hey you were at Shalem with my good friend Mary Kay!
QP
QP, yes, I was at Shalem with Mary Kay. She is a special person. I love that we're connected through her AND RevGals!
Oh yes, I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes!
All are favorites of mine.
Blessings!
I think I always like C&H because part of me wanted to throw caution to the winds like Calvin did.
You have great taste in comics! My mom is always reading Zits to me over the phone because it reminds her of the time we shared during my puberty. Ha Ha.
I miss C&H too! And I'd forgotten about Zits... it's also great!
Just looking at that Calvin and Hobbes panel up at the top made me smile.
I enjoy Zits and used to love C&H.
Yup. I need my C&H!
Zits...I could almost not read it for a while, it was too close to home.
now, i can.
per your comment at my place - I got 2 degrees at A&M - Bachelor's and Master's in English.
Post a Comment