Monday, July 21, 2008

Logo lost!

Yesterday I started wondering why my comments didn't have a picture, but I thought Blogger was just messing up. Nope, my picture had disappeared!

I guess the copyright law took away my logo by Gretchen Markle, which is disappointing. I loved that painting, but someone bought it. I also see that her paintings are no longer featured on Project Laundry List, so Gretchen must have exercised her legal rights and pulled her paintings. If you go to that first link, you can see what my logo was for about 14 months. I loved it.

Although I am devoted to using the clothesline to hang out clothes to dry, my very favorite possessions of all are BOOKS, so that's my new logo, for the moment anyway. Maybe someday I'll get a picture of me that looks okay. . . .

8 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I noticed that your logo was gone. I hope you do find a photo you like. I'd love to see your face!

dust bunny said...

I wondered what happened to your picture...but I like the new one, too.

Terri said...

Oh...so sorry...I loved that image...well, for similar copyright issues I've settled on a photo I took of one of the roses in my backyard...

I too am watching Dolly...first it may hit Texas and then its expected to blow over to where I am...and we are really getting water logged...(ok, we do need the rain...but I'm still worried for you and a little for me)....

Barbara B. said...

I didn't know it would just disappear like that!

Katherine E. said...

That picture of you and RevSS was a GREAT one, Jan. Just crop it and use that one!!

if you want to....
:-)

Fran said...

I was wondering why it was not showing and I meant to ask you!

Well, the books are perfect for you.

I recently took down my photo, just want a change but I don't know what that change is just yet!

Prayers coming for Dolly and her path!

Jan said...

Thanks for prayers and also interest in my logo. I really liked that little picture of the clothesline. Oh, well.

Katherine, I don't know how to crop pictures, but when MJ gets back from camp (a day early, which is today!), she can show me how. Then we'll see how your idea works.

Sherry said...

I actually like the one you have now! lol. But I do get obsessed with banners. I've used several. I am now in my Galaxy phase, but would like a crashing waves one maybe. I have used a sunrise over ocean that I really liked. I think I like switching them every so often. Makes me feel that it has a new look!

Anyway, I'm sorry it was one you really liked. I hope none of mine disappear like that. I do resize pics I find on the internet all the time.