Personally, I think it's both. It is HOT. It is 90 degrees F, but feels like 99 degrees, probably because the humidity is 61%.One good thing about the blasting heat is that all MJ's towels from camp dried in only three hours on the clothesline--while I was at church. I keep taking things off the clothesline that have dried to dry more today; I'm on my fourth load of wash to be dried outside. (MJ brought several bags of dirty towels, sheets, and clothes home from camp.)
MJ is off with her boy friend CS and his two younger brothers to play soccer, even in this heat. They are all Texans, after all. The bonus is that they will go swimming afterwards.
5 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read this! We always say this in MN! "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." haha. I guess they say it other places, too.
The cartoon made me laugh too.
I can not get my family/friends from out west to understand how much the humidity makes things worse! Gimme dry heat any day.
YAY! to clotheslines. I always feel like I'm doing a good thing when, to quote my husband, "dry things for free".
Funny cartoon!
Two days of triple digits in Austin. But, thank God, that whole global climate change thing is just a liberal hoax, right?
Keep in the AC Jan.
Post a Comment