Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1

First day of July. My first child's birthday is on July 6, and his dad's is three weeks later. It's funny/odd that DC will be 29. When I think of being 29, I remember that we had moved from Oregon to Texas, had our first house, first puppy, and first baby! I remember being 29 well, and find it hard to believe that I'm double that age!

Today was the Wisdom Class where we're discussing Richard Rohr's book Things Hidden: Scripture as Spirituality. I'm the facilitator and am I being stretched! The class has grown to 12-15, with a few talkative and argumentative men coming now. The first hour we're trying to practice holy listening, with each person having an opportunity to speak. (This hour helps me out a great deal.) The next hour is for open discussion. I think everyone is enjoying it, but I am finding I pray more and more for guidance!

MJ called on her day off from camp and thinks she has pink eye. Hopefully, the camp nurse is handling the situation--before it becomes an epidemic! She'll be coming home in two weeks.

3 comments:

Katy V. said...

Holy Listening--I love it! Can't wait to check out the book.

Fran said...

Jan, please come by my blog, I have a little something for you there...

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

The class sounds interesting. Sorry you're getting some argumentative folk--but maybe they need it.

Best wishes for MJ.