Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An Award

[premio+arte+y+pico.jpg]
On July 2, Fran awarded the Arte y Pico to five bloggers, including me (to my shock and amazement). This award is given to blogs who "deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language." Oh, my! Thank you, Fran.

1)Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here: "Arte y Pico".

Already so many of my favorite blogs have received this award, but I'll try to be somewhat original:

1. Ruth's Visions and Revisions
Ruth has a gift for writing in prose and in poetry that captures my imagination and my heart. Sometimes she writes of spiritual things and other times just ordinary life, which coincide nicely. I treasure her faithfulness in visiting her blogging friends, too.

2. Wounded Bird with Grandmere Mimi
From the hilarious to the holy and from politics to the Episcopal/Anglican Church, you will find interest here. Grandmere Mimi was one of the first people to welcome me to the blogging world when I started last May. She is true and faithful in a feisty way!

3. The Quaker Agitator with Quaker Dave
Dave's passion for justice comes through as he broadens the areas of concern for all his readers. He shares as a middle school teacher at times and often brings me to awarenesses I know I need.
His humor and outrage are equally strong--pointing me to admiration for the Quaker witness and action.

4. Does Not Wisdom Call? with Ellie
I visit Ellie's three different blogs almost daily. This is the one where she shares her spirituality with beautiful art and quotations from various traditions. I always find sustenance here.

5. The Mercy Blog with Mike
Mike shares what he is reading with quotations and also his own reflections. By writing about his spiritual journey, especially in contemplative prayer, he guides me on my faith journey.

Many more deserve such an award; I hope you receive one soon!

4 comments:

Fran said...

Jan you are so generous here on your blog- with wisdom, prayers, information and just pure love.

You chose other recipients very well!

QuakerDave said...

Thanks very much for the award. I am touched by your kind words.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Thank you so much. Your words mean a great deal to me.

And I give a hearty round of applause for your receiving the award yourself.

I will think on this for a few days before passing it on.

Katherine E. said...

Congratulations, Jan! An honor richly deserved!!!! I'll give the five you named a look. Thanks.