
With so many blogging friends and the ease of the internet, I just ordered more books, as if I needed even one more. My "excuse" is that I want to have them to read on the airplane and during our trip to WA State, which starts next Thursday, August 7.
So I just ordered:
Outright Barbarous: How the Violent Language of the Right Poisons American Democracy
which Quaker Dave is reading on his vacation right now.
The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power
which Sherry recommended.
And then I happened to see a new book by Macrina Wiederkehr-- Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day which I can only blame on myself.
I have been saving a book Yolanda suggested for the trip, too--
When Crickets Cry, the only novel of this bunch!
They say confession is good for the soul, so there's mine for literary greed!
9 comments:
I love new books! New books are good for the soul, too!!
i too love to buy lots of books....i was looking for a netflix movie this morning to bring to class this afternoon and came across a pile of new books i purchased about 6 weeks ago that i have already forgotten about. this is not a good sign :(
so i've told myself that i will not be allowed to purchase any more books until i get through that pile....we'll see how long that lasts!
I'm trying to get back into reading again. I wrote The Family down on my list after reading Sherry's post too.
I love new books too! but I'm thinking about going to the library more! money/room both.
'literary greed' -- LOL!
I am so envious! I wish I could afford 1/100th of the books I wish to read. In any event my dear, you have received an award. Come to my blog later today and get the details! Have a great trip as well and be safe!
Diane has a point.
Jan, I received your comment, and I had to come let you know that my mom was born in 1919 too. She was born in Bladworth, which is south of Saskatoon. I looked up Leask. It's about 125 miles north of Bladworth. Just another one of those things we have in common.
Your mom was a month older than mine. (I looked up the post you did on her birthday.) I'm sorry she died in her early 70s. That's too young.
Books, vacation, YAY!!! me too, soon! My friend took a call at a new church in Phoenix and left her other one in Seattle....so I get to see her....have fun!
Post a Comment