They now have a store, too, where you can buy clothespins, clothespin bags, clotheslines, books, and other things related to drying laundry outside. (And remember, my mother-in-law dries things on a clothesline in her basement in rainy WA State.)
I find it hard to find a clothespin bag, so today I ordered a new one for me.


13 comments:
According to the panties, I guess I am stuck in the 50s.
And I'm stuck in the 70's because it took a month to get unstuck from the 90's!
:)
Great! I don't know where I'm stuck :)
there's a typo in your blog post title
I'm in the 50s, too.
IS, thanks for spotting the typo. I hate to misspell, but do.
I'm trying to remember what they call the kind I like -- they must be 21st century ones.
I'm sure my loss of memory comes from being stunned that hanging clothes on the line is now a political statement, and not just housework that makes my arms ache from holding them over my head.
I love your enthusiasm for clothesline. I haven't actually worked up enough enthusiasm to emulate you yet, but at least you've made me think about it.
Clotheslines! Now there's a novel idea....gosh, I remember my mom always had one of those wringer washing machines, and she put the clothes out on the line.
I saw your commment about Camp Pendleton - small world! My dad worked on the base. Who knows, perhaps our paths crossed more than once...
Somehow I think our Home Owners Association will NOT allow clothes-line drying....I better go to the next meeting and make an appeal for global-warming and the economy....I used to line dry all my laundry including the cloth diapers I used for my baby...so, I can do it...(of course I was also a stay at home mom, no full time job, then...)
MP, I think many Homeowners Associations have banned clothesline, because they can look "tacky." Mine is behind my garage, so no one sees it. But I think our society may have to revise our concept of aesthetics so that we can utilize more of nature.
I think this is wonderful! Thanks Jan!
ROFLOL!!! I needed this.
I think Dr Elizabeth Caldicott once said that if everyone got rid of their clothes dryers we could eliminate all our nuclear power plants. (But I can't cite the source.)
I'm with you on the clothesline!
Post a Comment