
This is Poenisch Park by Paula J. Becker, who very kindly allowed me to post this picture on my blog. She had it on her blog and wrote that she'd drawn it when she had biked down to this park. She has an art studio here in Corpus Christi, TX, but lives in Montreal, Quebec.
This picture shows what our weather this week and weekend are--up to 80 degrees F. but cooling down to the 40-50s F. at night. That's why there are "Winter Texans." This is like Bellingham, WA in the summer! It's nice, but not that seasonal, with only 19 days until Christmas.
Daughter MJ convinced us to go out and buy a Christmas tree last night. It's in our living room, with no decorations or lights yet. It smells very good. We have a Noble Fir, which is what my mother always liked.
8 comments:
Beautiful picture. It reminds me of a watercolor of the t-heads at Corpus Christi that my parent had in their home. They lived in Corpus for a few years early in their marriage.
The weather's the same in Sugar Land!
Beautiful picture...what a contrast to our weather of 17 degrees, during the day! and snow...
Yes, I love the picture, too.
Glad you took MJ's advice! I love the smell of real Christmas trees.
it's just gorgeous. it's about 8 degrees where we are.
Not much snow here, but very cold. The picture reminds me of warmer days.
Lovely.
How nice to sit on the bench and feel the breeze and be warmed by the sun. Lovely picture.
No Christmas tree here...yet. But, I do love the smell of a live tree.
Awesome picture.
Years ago I had a student in one of my classes who came from Key West. One day I had them discussing seasonal traditions, and he mentioned that his family always has a huge Christmas tree -- a banana tree on the deck, all hung with lights! I don't know why this amazed me so; I have been fascinated with this idea ever since!
But banana plants just don't make it in New Jersey!
Post a Comment