Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another Christmas Meme

Wyrdbyrd or Gartenfische tagged me for another Christmas meme. Since I'm on "hold" until husband CB and I drive to the airport to get daughter AE, I'll try to do this one.

What is your least favorite holiday task? (eg. shopping, baking, wrapping)
Shopping with crowds of people, but this year I did most of my shopping on the internet, and I am very happy.

What was the worst gift you received?
There have been various things that are piled into my memory; a few are: shoes I didn't choose, potpourri and a book on how to make it, a carbon monoxide detector.

A friend PD told me how one of her daughters exclaimed when she opened a Christmas present: "Don't your friends know you?" That thought comes up to all of us, I bet.

Who is the hardest person in your family to shop for?
My husband; he doesn't want anything and is retired and no longer needs nice clothes. He buys the tools he wants. He doesn't read, except on the internet, so he doesn't read books, which are always a safe bet to buy me!

What holiday tradition would you eliminate if you could?
Not sure--maybe my excessive cookie baking, which is a "tradition," just like the Gingerbread House. . . . .

What do you swear, every holiday season, that you'll never do again, only to find yourself doing it again the next year?
Waiting to the last minute to send out Christmas cards and not writing personal notes in each one. I started out that way, but only the people at the front of the alphabet got a note, which stopped as soon as I realized how late it was for mailing them!

What relative do you dread seeing at the holidays? Or, when you were a child, what relative did you dread seeing?
It used to be my dad, because he didn't like Christmas and got very grumpy. It was a strain when I had small children, and I tried to maintain a balance of good will. My dad didn't know how to be with children either. I wanted to see him, but also dreaded it.

I tag whomever has the time to do this!

2 comments:

Barbara B. said...

Wow, a carbon monoxide detector! Not the best gift idea, huh?!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing. ;)

Yeah, that carbon monoxide book is pretty strange. Did you build it?