I felt sweat dripping down my face when I hung sheets out on the clothesline. It is how I anticipate feeling when I watch daughter MJ's soccer game at 2 o'clock, which will last for about two hours. It will be around 87 degrees but will FEEL like 95 degrees! At least, I won't be running around like the girls playing soccer--If I tried, I'd probably have a heart attack or at least I'd collapse!
Today I facilitated the fifth and final Sunday School lesson on "God, Consciousness, and the Cosmos." We watched a dvd ordered from The View From the Center of the Universe, which I now have watched twice and probably would like to see several more times. You can also download it to your computer, and I would urge you to do so!
With Fr. David gone, attendance at church today was sparse. I heard that there were only 15 in the earliest one, but that's always a small service. I was glad I was there and felt blessed during the Eucharist.
6 comments:
I'm requesting that dvd from the library.
(It's only 50 degrees here--I'm cooold!)
-gartenfische
that looks great and i will check it out.
we have had much hotter weather than normal here in the nyc area. it has been in the 80's and muggy. its october!
but it must be hot there, yikes.
anyway what a great post, as ususal.
also- i was glad to hear you had a good eucharist. that is great. peace sister!
Jan, do folks think that God leaves when the pastor goes? Even when the rector goes on vacation, our attendance drops. I guess people think the pastors take names for God's list.
Anyway, God was there to bless you in the Eucharist. I'm glad for that.
Great theme for Sunday school--I'll have to download that video. And I agree: I wish fall would get here--we had 87-degree weather yesterday in Wisconsin!
It was hot this weekend in Louisiana, but when I'm watching my boys play soccer, it's the greatest. We had five games and caught an autumn tan.
-episcopalooza
Whew! FIVE soccer games! You call it an autumn tan, so I'm glad. I still think of it as summer, probably because I'm originally from WA State!
Post a Comment