
19th century cartoon linking tea and health
when plumpness was considered healthy
I never learned to drink coffee, though I like it if it is half cream with sugar! But why waste the calories? I like hot tea, but not in hot Texas. People here drink iced tea, but I don't too often. If it was cooler in the mornings, I would drink tea. I drank more tea when I lived up north. I also drank it when visiting in Korea and Zambia! I remember going to Murchie's in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with my mother and buying tea--loose tea called Earl Grey and English Breakfast and Darjeeling. My local supermarket (the HEB monopoly in Corpus Christi) stopped stocking Twinings tea, so I ordered it from Amazon! Maybe I should learn to drink green tea? It's supposed to be healthier.
4 comments:
I remember going to Murchie's in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with my mother and buying tea--loose tea called Earl Grey and English Breakfast and Darjeeling.
I love the loose Twinings teas. My favorite is Earl Grey. One New Orleans store used to supply it, but now I have to order it online.
I do love my morning tea.
Mimi, it is nice to think of you having your morning tea. Also, I like knowing that you like Earl Grey. That's my husband's favorite, too.
I do drink coffee in the morning. I have made the switch away from half and half so it is not so many calories.
I drink a lot of tea, especially now with the cooler weather here. Today it was English breakfast midmorning. I also love Green tea, but it was an acquired taste and there are certain ones I like better than others. Tazo Zen is good. Stash Fusion white and green is also good.
I was drinking this Yogi Tea- green tea with pomegrante but I don't think they make it any more..wah!
Great post!
Fran, it's nice to know what you drink! Plus, I'll take your advice when I decide to try green tea. Thanks.
Post a Comment